The OECD PISA for Schools Community is committed to protecting the personal data of users of its websites, which are an essential tool for advancing our mission and programme of work.
How we collect and use personal data
We collect personal data through the use of our websites in two ways: data you directly provide to us and data generated by your activity on the websites.
Data you directly provide. You can choose to voluntarily provide us personal data in the context of registering and/or subscribing to online accounts, alerts and newsletters. This data enables us to provide the services you have requested and may include your name, email address, phone number, city and country.
Data generated by your activity. In order to ensure the effective functioning and security of our websites and to better understand visitor behavioural patterns, as you browse our websites we automatically collect:
- Log information such as the pages you visit, the time/date of your visit as well as your internet protocol (IP) address.
- Device and software information such as your browser specifications and operating system.
This information is collected through the use of various technologies, including cookies which are small text files stored in your browser. If you have registered and are logged in, your browsing activity is linked to your user credentials so that we can personalise your experience on our websites, including for future visits.
Access and storage
In general, access to your personal data is limited to appropriate staff within the Organisation. In some circumstances, we make your data available outside the OECD, such as for:
- Analytics: We use third-party services (Google Analytics and Analytify, United States) to help us understand visitor behaviour by allowing the service access to the data generated by your activity and store it using cookies. This data is processed in a way that does not directly identify you.
- Email communications: We use third-party services, for sending bulk email communications such as newsletters (MailPoet, France), platform alerts and event notifications (WP Offload SES Lite by Delicious Brains, Canada).
- Online surveys: We occasionally use (SurveyMonkey, United States) to run online surveys of user views.
- Online communities: We use third-party services (WordPress by Automattic, United States) to provide you online networking environments. These services store contact information that you provide and data generated by your activity and store it using cookies.
Data you provide directly is kept indefinitely; however, you may request that we delete data related to you at any time by e-mailing us at [email protected]. We store data about your activity on our websites and data on email activity indefinitely.
Links to other websites
How to contact us or exercise your rights
Under our data protection rules, you have rights to access and rectify your personal data, as well as to object to its processing, request erasure, and obtain data portability in certain circumstances. To exercise these rights in connection with your use of this website please contact [email protected].
If you have further queries or complaints related to the processing of your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. If you need further assistance in resolving claims related to personal data protection you can contact the Data Protection Commissioner at [email protected].
Additional information about our approach to data protection is available here.
Last updated: 21 April 2020